Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sad But True Incident In Philly: 30 Minutes Ago I Just Walked My Mother To The "#10 SEPTA Trolley" In West Philly. 9 Minutes Ago A Street Pirate In A Stolen Car Crashed Into The #36 Trolley In Southwest Philly


I offered to drive my mother into downtown Philadelphia as she traveled to an appointment.  She told me "No.  There is too much traffic in Center City.  I always take the trolley.  Don't worry about it."

So I walked her to the trolley stop and she told me about all of the people who I should stop by and visit while I am in town.

As I returned to my parents house I thought to myself:  "My parents are now two old people living their lives in West Philly.   (Then I turned around and looked at my mother standing at the transit stop and said to myself) "If some Street Pirate were to attack this old woman in order to steal a few dollars from her - this would bring me to the point of wanting to KILL SOMEBODY."

As I went to my daily shopping spree, loading up on:
  • The Philadelphia Inquirer
  • The Philadelphia Daily News
  • The Philadelphia Tribune
  • The NY Times
  • The (Montgomery County) Daily Times
....in order to capture a more detailed view of events in Philly that I don't capture from a distance in Atlanta - a twenty something year old Black male yelled out to me:  "Hey, excuse me brother but do you have a dollar that I can borrow from you?"

I thought that I had spent all of the cash that I brought with me.   I actually had $2 in my other pocket and gave it to him.   I would rather yield a few dollars out of my own pocket under my control than to have him or someone else try to forcibly take it from my elderly parents as they go about their business.

(My mother is not a fan of "Black Lives Matter".   She says 'Look at all of the Black people being murdered in Philadelphia, how can these young people claim that the police are the problem?'.

My father says 'Man is not going to straighten out this world, regardless of what ever 'brilliant leader' comes on stage making promises.   Only GOD is going to provide a more permanent fix, when he returns.  Don't get so caught up in trying to fix this world when we are living through a 'mystery novel' that is playing itself out right now, all according to plan).


THEN I LOOKED ON THE 6 ABC WEB SITE AND SAW A STREET PIRATE ATTACK UPON A SEPTA TROLLEY AND MY HEART DROPPED TO THE FLOOR

Source: 6ABC



The truth is my parents live in this city and go about their business every day.   
My own fears for their safety come when I an here and I think about what might happen as they expose themselves by walking or driving through certain dangerous areas. 

No comments: