Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Day After: Listening Into Two Sets Of Black Female Employees Talking About The Election

When the "Google Glasses" come out and if they have a microphone on them - my ability to do surveillance discretely will greatly increase. 

THIS IS A TRUE DEPICTION OF WHAT I HEARD TODAY.  (In addition I am recording "Black Wing Grievance Talk Radio" on two computers)

Scene
Transcription
3 Black Female Postal Workers "Keeping The Right-Wing Enemy On Trial


Clerk 1:  "......You mean they get to go back to their other elected seat when they lose their run for the President or Vice-President?   If I had it my way I would run them off, telling them that they have to give up their seat. "  (Of course she felt the same way with John Kerry and Joe Lieberman)

Clerk 2: "Its about time that the Republicans try something new.  Everyone is now hip to them and no one is buying it any more.  They need some young people with new ideas"

Clerk 3:  "Paul Ryan IS their young version of a Republican. They probably have him preparing to run for 2016 right now"

Clerk 2: "They think that they are going to attract young voters BUT ONCE THE YOUNG PEOPLE SEE THAT A REPUBLICAN IS AGAINST THEM AND WANT TO TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY FROM THEM they see that they are VOTING AGAINST THEIR OWN BEST INTERESTS".

Clerk 1: "I can't see why ANY WOMAN WOULD VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN"

Clerk 2: "Some women are subservient to their husbands.  They are not allowed to think on their own without coordinating with him.  This is what the Republican women do"

Clerk 3: "You can make your husband THINK what he wants to believe, girl, but when you VOTE IT IS DONE IN PRIVATE.  You can vote for whomever you want to.  He'll never know it".   (Note: This is the closest thing to "Mommas baby, Papa's maybe" I have EVER heard with respect to voting.)

Clerk 2: "I don't know what is wrong with some women.  I get tired when people call me "Mrs {her husband's name}".  That is so old fashioned.  My mother used to do that with my father's name.  When someone does that to me I snap back and correct them.  I am my own person.  I married a man.  I didn't hand over my brain to him.  I tell them "My name is {xyz} not Mrs {her husband's full name}."

Clerk 3: "When those Republicans that voted for Romney and the rest of them see that their health care and living expenses are no longer affordable they are going to see that they have been VOTING FOR SOMEONE who don't care NOTHING ABOUT THEM".

NOTE: When I am among friends there is a good chance that I would step in and seek to add a FRAMEWORK to their argument.   Of course I didn't know them and I figure that #2 would not allow her "Postal Duties" to constrain her reactions - similar to the bus driver in Cleveland.

You don't go in there and talk about "Romney" or "Obama".

Had I known these people I would notify them that in Metro Atlanta after many decades of building up a LOCAL monopoly power machine - they have now put aside any notion that was conjured up in their heads a long time ago that this LOCAL POWER over their Schools, Municipal Governments/Police & Courts were going to provide them with the "Social Justice" that they had bought into over the duration. 

"In as much as the bulk of your conversation was focused on 'Anti-Right-Wing' and repudiating any of the "Old Fashioned Ways" (note - I recall my mother subscribing to Ebony and Jet using my father's name as such) - my only question to ask is "HOW DO YOU GET 'THERE' FROM 'HERE' when you KEEP YOUR ENEMY ON TRIAL because it appeases you?"
Three Clusters Of Black Females Working At The Home Depot The cluster of 2 of them closest to the door.

Middle Aged woman with about 5 copies of the Atlanta Journal Constitution "Obama Wins" edition.  

Other Woman:  "Where did you get those from?

Middle Aged woman:  "At the QuickTrip up the street". (gas station)

Other Woman: "Did they have the 'New York Journal' for you as well?"  (I think she meant "New York Times" )

Middle Aged woman: "They didn't have any copies left but I am going to hunt down some more of them after I leave here"

ANALYSIS

In the same way that I was "clueless" that there would be people holding "Obama Debate Parties" - I also can't plug into this TEAM disposition that many Black people have - with regards to POLITICS. 

No doubt that people collected headlines from FDR, Truman, Kennedy and Reagan. 
FOR ME - I am more focused on how this "Malcolm X Political Football Game" has the strong effect of NULLIFYING EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE of the Black Community - for me to try to relate to what they are feeling.

(Well what do you know?  Jet Magazine has a "Hail To The Chief" side bar "JET highlights some of President Barack Obama's major coups over the last for years.

Even though it was a Freudian slip to use the word "COUP" - it is interesting that they did not mention "Libya" OR put THEMSELVES on trial - in total - for what the Schott Foundation Report said about the Black male graduation rate on the watch of the "Black Racial Services Machine" OR about the number of casualites in their home town of Chicago for those Black males who "droped out" of school because they got murdered. )



 

No comments: