In the mind of Filled Negro's friend Norm Bond of "The National Alliance of Market Developers" the fact that Blacks have a $1 trillion pot of economic resources to be exploited yet large corporations deprecate the presence of the money because of WHO'S pocket it resides in is proof of RACISM and has been a stumbling block for his efforts to establish himself as a broker middleman between these corporations and the Black community.
Help me out here. When Wal-Mart threatens to come into a Black community with the intent on soaking up the balance of the consumers, threatening the existing independently owned retail establishments - there is an organized fight against Wal-Mart (and other powerful corporations that have strong leverage and resources) so that the larger interests of the Black community is protected.
If the forces that helped Wal-Mart to "go against the interests of the Black community" are called "Sellouts" - what should we say about a person who offers up the $1T Pot Of Gold from the Black community but who calls the corporations "Racists" for not taking the loot?
It seems to me that the cry of "Racism[!!!!!]" is merely a taunt. "You all rejected my attempt to hand you Black a gateway to the Black people's wallets and now I am going to call you a Racist. You can get back into my good graces if you play ball with me.".
Mr Bond defines (systematic) racism as:
- "Racism is about power. The ability to make decisions that are institutionalized and that happen across a broad category."
- Individual sentiments do not amount to (systematic) racism
- "What are the policies, the practices, where you determine that your advertising budget is directed to at that corporate level"
- (the result being) "excluding a group of people or a class from participating in the economic mainstream"
When I listen to arguments such as this - understanding that they are constructed to render an EXTERNAL indictment against the ESTABLISHMENT forces - I see an opportunity to capture how the "Progressive Who Is Black" thinks.
From these pronouncements we can understand what he values and the frustration that he faces as he attempts to interface his own mental view of the world with the real world around him.
I don't see my job as being the goal of CONFOUNDING this line of thinking.
Instead I use my observations of the larger universe that is beyond the targeted indictment, which attempts to define the reasons for the shortfalls in the Black community - making slight changes to the framing of the argument, as I wonder why such an indictment is not used in other areas.
By any rational measure the City Of Philadelphia is a "Mission Accomplished City" being run by a machine that has received "50% +1" of the Black vote as affirmation.
The observation of what I call "Establishment Power Repudiation" speaks to the tendency of a group of "Permanent Strugglers" to DENY their place in power, being that such an acknowledgement would also force them to affirm that THEY SHOULD BE producing more in the way of "organic benefits" for the people, as they had promised, because they now sit in the seats of power - that "The Struggle" used to protest against when the enemy occupied the seat of power.
I just captured a video of MSNBC's Tamron Hall on one of the networks "Lean Forward" commercials. I have the video reserved for its own blog post so I will only give a cursory overview. Ms Hall as with what I heard debated by Smiley/West in their new book - argues that PRESENT "Income Inequality" is the cause célèbre of the modern Progressive movement and anyone else who has a conscious for his fellow man in the society.
My frustration with this argument is that it seems to be oblivious to the TIMELINE in which the "Progressive Struggle" (and also what its' "Black Face" projects into the Black community) has made constant ground gains in acquiring in the way of political power and resulting control over "Mission Accomplished Zones".
I have already told you that "Progressivism Is In-Organic". It is a "struggle meme". This is proven by the fact that Tamron Hall and other Black Progressive-Fundamentalists ARE NOT going to use their argument about "income inequality" within the confines of a Democratic primary within Philadelphia or Chicago or Atlanta - where all of the seats are held by "favorable people". Instead they reserve the indictment about "income inequality" when there is a capitalist/conservative/Republican to beat upside the head with the "Progressive Wiffle Ball Bat"
As I try to figure out a way to force accountability and transparency within the ranks of the Black Progressive-Fundamentalist - who holds the investment portfolio of the Black community in his possession - I see that the way that they evade such accountability and the demands for a "Black Community 401K statement" so that observers like me can find evidence of a "Return On Investment" - is to constantly EXPAND THE SCOPE of their indictment................and STRUGGLE MORE!!!!
When the machine that you support has presided over the city of Chicago or Philadelphia for many decades and you compelled "the Least Of These" to invest both their "Community Development Hopes & Consciousness" and their ballots into your cause, yet when it comes time for enumeration of people you have transformed into the "UN-Least Of These" - you try to shift the goal posts - this tells me that your goal is something other than "community development".
It seems that you merely like the sound of that hollow yellow bat upside your enemies head.
Yes I Am About To Bring The Argument Of "Income Inequality" Back Around To The Recent Antics Of The Mayor Of Philadelphia
It took away all pretenses of the legitimacy that I had remaining regarding the "struggle" and its notion that Black people will receive COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT based upon the POLITICAL POWER that is built up thanks to our "congregational unity" and the investment of our "equal Black ballots".
This comes in the context of a majority Black city, with "favorable leadership" who's grief was documented a few years ago by a University of Pennsylvania professor of sociology. On a local radio program I heard the professor note that many Blacks in Philadelphia feel "ECONOMICALLY DISENFRANCHISED" despite having their population majority and a political regime that is favorable to them on paper.
My own personal experience, per my "man on the street" observations is that other races of people dominate the retail (ownership) presence in Philly. "The Blacks" are merely consumers and workers - though the the later category they are stress by the lack of employment opportunities within the borders of their fair city.
(Yes I am going to recount the incident because it has a cathartic effect upon me).
In the wake of a photo-op with Black school kids in West Philly by Republican candidate Willard Romney - the sitting mayor of Philadelphia and the District Attorney held an impromptu press conference in support of President Obama. Mayor Nutter used the occasion to talk to the enthusiastic Black crowd before him about the subject of education - education failure to be exact.
Despite the fact that the School District Of Philadelphia has had sub-par performance for decades and had been taken over by the state of Pennsylvania and is now under the governance of an "emergency control board" - the mayor of Philadelphia - using his intimate knowledge and insight of the consciousness of the people who stood before him to talk about EDUCATIONAL FAILURE............................in Massachusetts!!!! His target was the Republican Willard Romney.
I know of no other analyst who purports to have the best interests of Black people in mind - who called out the irony and the outrage of what was put on for all to see.
The fact that the (supposed) stewards of this impoverished community in West Philly were more interested in hearing how then Governor Willard Romney damaged a state school system that is consistently ranked among the top 3 in the nation - than they cared to note that their own schools are failing - proved to be troubling to me at a layer deeper than anyone will ever know.
From this side show I understood that, beyond the antics of the politicians on stage who are not going to limit themselves out of the sake of honor and integrity - it is the PEOPLE who are in the congregation before them that prove to be the biggest problem.
Less damning than the antics of the mayor - a Black man - was the raucous cheers from the majority Black crowd in response to the "Black Conscious Attention Filibuster" that took place at their expense.
Of course I would be remiss if I failed to point out that the "Paid Blacks" in the corporate media did not call out the troubling situation within this news clip. After all THEY play a strong part in securing this type of consciousness among our community. They have been recruited by their corporate partners to do so.
None of this is an accident.
Mr Norm Bond & My Friend Filled Negro: It It Possible For The "Human Resource Development Institutions" In A "Mission Accomplished Zone" To Act As Agents Of Squandered Organic Development As Sound Institutional Governance Is Crowded Out By A Larger Agenda - That Does Not Care To Develop Black People?
If I told you that I believe that "Assumed Black Inferiority" is a "dark matter" force that many Black Progressives don't want to talk about - would I be wrong?
Do you see that - while you were trying to "Sell" corporate America on the VALUE of that $1 Trillion of loot that you were positioning yourself as the "middle man brokers" for expressed benefit - there is no less than $3 trillion of "Dark Matter Inter-generational Wealth" that will never be recognized by the Black community because our INSTITUTIONS fail to sufficiently develop Black people.
Mr Bond - using your own definition of "systematic racism" (that you had reserved for WHITE FOLKS) - I would like to take that same template and apply it to the framework of a Philadelphia, a Detroit or a Memphis - to determine if you can be brought to the acceptance that even BLACK PEOPLE, operating with the blessings of the Black community, can produce a force that is ultimately detrimental to our development as a people.
Taking Your Previous Framework And Modifying It Without Destroying The Meaning:
When Favorable People Are..................
- Placed into seats of power" and given the .......ability to make decisions that are institutionalized and that happen across a broad category."
- Individual sentiments do not amount to (systematic) racism
- These "Favorable People" who are in power get to craft the policies that you say.........."What are the policies, the practices, where you determine [capital allocation priorities at the] corporate level"
- Upon achieving a state of "Mission Accomplishment".........(the result being) "excluding a group of people or a class from participating in the economic mainstream"
Clearly a point of decision is at hand.
- We can say that the past regime that harmed and suppressed the development of Black people were motivated by RACISM - Yet as we look at the present condition and make note of the same sub-par results under the "favorable people" - our disciplined analysis must force us to conclude that MOTIVATION cannot be allowed to trump our focus on EFFECTIVE RESULTS. (When favor upon the person compels you to remain silent about his result shortfall then your institutional integrity has been compromised)
- We can't say that "Whiteness" is seen as the universal identifier of "the enemy". Today's "Black Agenda" has a record number of "White Surrogates" who are affirmed as "friends" by the Negro Public Intellectuals who would be first to smell a "fox" in our hen house - if it were so
- IF, as is alleged by the "Black Progressive-Fundamentalist" that the problem is ADVERSARIAL CONSERVATISM - then most assuredly, when the Progressive Struggle runs the conservative out of power and is left standing alone within the "Mission Accomplished Zone", where PROGRESSIVISM must now produce the "Social Justice" that it had long promised - we should be seeing our cups running over with "Social Justice" if this is the case, sir.
- Many say that the "Legacy Of Slavery/Jim Crow" is the cause. Yet I can't get past the fact that the little Black boy the little Black girl who occupy the seats of a first grade classroom - were each born in (approx) 2006. Since they will ultimately become what the MESSAGES FEED INTO THEIR CONSCIOUSNESS indicate to them - what about the messages that radiate from this shameful history are SUPERIOR to those messages that must be crafted by the RESPONSIBLE ADULTS that are charged with their care?
With all of the main points of obfuscation checked, Mr Bond, I am made to wonder if YOU believe that a "Favorable System/Machine" to Black people can produce SUPPRESSION /SQUANDERED UPLIFT - just like the overt systems that White folks had arranged to our detriment?
It seems that you'd be better served by defining that which is necessary for the Black community to regulate THE SYSTEM that THE BLACK COMMUNITY has stood up into power - as the necessary step for upward thrust.