Rob Redding - I thoroughly appreciate the difficulty that you face as you handle callers who have NO INTENTION WHAT SO EVER to emotionally detach from President Obama and their common battle against the Right-Wing Republicans. This, so much so, that they are willing to throw out anything over the public airwaves to justify their point but fail to make rational sense.
I tire of people using the "Let Ye Who Is Without Sin Throw The First Stone". These are the tired words often said by Rep John Lewis (D-GA), who is a leadership position. The masses of Black people too often fail to understand that these are words meant to NULLIFY MANAGEMENT OF OUR COMMUNITY under the guise of "Non-Judgmentalism". Sadly the communities where this cherry picked item from the bible is used most frequently are also among the most dysfunctional in the nation.
The problem with your strategy, sir, is that the reference to the RELIGIOUS foundation of your arguments against Same Sex Marriage and President Obama's stance in support of it is that doesn't scale well. As it stands you are limited to the people who call into your show in which you have to verbally and logically joust with them - ultimately pulling out your slave whip to whip some sense into them.
Next you keep placing Obama's choice to come out in support of same sex marriage in terms of the POLITICAL consequences of this decision and how it will impact Black people's decision to come out to vote.
Rob - Though I am critical of some of your on-air antics, you have a political analysis show and you ultimately need ratings in order to retain your base of advertisers - thus you can't be a straight "Black Community Crusader" - the problem is that you don't have a PUBLISHED framework for your beliefs, outside of the fact that you are a "Political Independent".
Without a clear framework for "Black Political Struggle" that is MANAGED - we become focused on transactional debates in the context of the "Malcolm X Political Football Game". In my view - the debate on "Gay Marriage" has merely brought out structural flaws in the Black Community's governance that SHOULD HAVE BEEN called out a long time ago.
The Legacy Of Black Political Struggle
- How Many Physicians Do WE Need To Achieve The Desired State Of Health In The Community?
- How Must The Schools That WE Now Control Support This Goal As Well As Financial Goals
- How Must The Commerce Inside Of Our Community Be Made To Support The Need For Services And The Employment Needs Of Our People
- How Must The Community Take Care Of Our Own THE LEAST OF THESE By Channeling Our Financial Resources Into Causes That Are For OUR OWN Uplift Rather Than Forging A Constant "National Social Justice" Scheme That Will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Scale To Africa To Provide Structural Support To Our People
- CIRCLING AROUND - How Must The ENFORCED CULTURE Within Our Communities Direct The People Toward PRODUCTIVE Goals And Not Just Theoretical Liberties That Are Buttressed By The OUTSOURCING Of Responsibilities (As Noted Above)
To shift away from these hard and basic measures - we are put on an squeaky hamster wheel and made to VOTE HARDER.
When POPULARITY is allowed to be the final determining factor for the "Black Agenda" - this creates the conditions that we have today.
Regardless of their failures to deliver upon the promises that they lured us in with - the only thing that is necessary to continue along, unscathed - is for those with the most influence upon the present consciousness upon Black people to practice what I call"KEEP YOUR ENEMY ON TRIAL".
In the face of blatant failure to develop our people - the only thing they need to do is to keep promoting INCREASINGLY MARGINAL issues - all meant to guise their own INCOMPETENCE at developing our people.
They just need to:
- Tell us what Dick Cheney said
- What Rush Limbaugh said about Black people yesterday - as told to them by Media Matters
- Get MSNBC / Washington Post to create "Black Auxiliary " propaganda sources that sculpts the news in a way that feeds the POPULAR sentiment among Black people, NEVER challenging the Black Racial Services Machine on what they promised the Black Community 50 years ago
- Make the case that "An attack on Obama is an attack on All Black People" yet spike the analysis of what Obama's attacks on nation's of color via the US Military means to Black Americans who USED TO oppose these actions
YES, Rob, I do believe that you are guilty of violating a number of these bullet points. This Gay Marriage thing is merely the arrival at a point that went too far even for you.
The fact remains, this "machine" has proven itself incompetent at compelling people will free will and the RIGHT to marry already to agree to submit their individual will for the benefit of institution of traditional marriage.
Unfortunately the "Embedded Confidence Men" who know what makes Black people tick - understand that the best way to draw Black people away from our resolve to manage our own affairs is to insert a force that they know strikes ALL PEOPLE at an instinctive level. THE WILL TO LIVE.
When you are told that your very existence is at risk - the notions of an "Internal Audit" to inspect the competency of the incumbent powers gets thrown out due to the immediacy of the threat at hand. The Embedded Confidence Men fully understand this. They understand that they can avoid termination and loss of confidence among Black people - IF they keep RACISM CHASING.
Rob - MOST of the callers that you debated believe that there is a greater THREAT to going against President Obama in support of Traditional Marriage because they believe that by exposing an open fight within the Black community will favor the REPUBLICANS and their effort to dispose of "The First Black President" after one term.
Indicates that their priority is the chess match within "American Political Domain", above the issues that Black people originally sought to achieve.
In listening to Mo "We Democrats" Ivory on WAOK she and her callers enumerated the benefits that a second Obama term would mean to Black people:
- WE need health care and the GOP is seeking to repeal it
- WE may get a new left-wing Supreme Court justice to rule more favorably
- WE will stop the attacks on our Civil Rights
- WE need jobs
Sadly EVERY one of these line items were sold to Black people at the local level, for the past 50 years. With Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit and Philadelphia having achieved success in the political promotion of "favorable people" - the resulting benefits TO the Black community has yet to appear in a sustained manner for our people.
This is a consumer consciousness - were we are made to stick together as a team, with the hopes of a future victory.
We need to assume the consciousness of Scientists and Investors. After applying a certain methodology that was purported to render certain results - it is incumbent upon those who are protecting the value of the resource to work in regard to their own INTERESTS, protecting them from the constant "forward selling".