ATLANTA - Police are investigating a smash and grab burglary that happened early Thursday morning in northwest Atlanta.
Investigators say someone drove a stolen car through the Beauty Depot in the 800 block of Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
They say the burglars took off with 25 packs of hair worth about $3,000.
The story referenced above has a number of different violations of consciousness, self-dignity, community respect and venerated "Black Heroes".
- A Business in the Black Community in Atlanta
- On Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Drive
- Had a valuable assess that is the private property of the merchant
- That asset just happens to be human hair - shaved off of the heads of Indian women and then processed and sent to America
- The VALUE of this asset - per its worth in the application upon the heads of Black women is $3,000
- In order to obtain this asset for his own distribution - a "Would be pillar of the Black community" - chose to drive a car through the front door of this private business and STEAL the asset
- Who told the consumer that her hair, produced by the genes of a poor Indian girl, processed and then sold by the Koreans would "complete" something that she felt is lacking in her present physical appearance?
- Who set the PRICE POINT for this hair? How do we know that it is too low or even too high?
- Who failed to instill in the mind of the person driving the car that the RISK of committing such a crime, causing more than $3000 worth of damage to the store, all to acquire $3,000 in hair is an amount that he/she could have EARNED in one month all without triggering a police investigation IF that person had marketable skills and thus was less destructive?
- If this person is caught and is set into the "New Jim Crow Prison System" - would we all agree that the person who put the car into first gear and then stepped on the gas is NOT one of the persons who was ensnared into the criminal justice system after "Blackness was made Criminal"?