President Barack Obama's 2012 re-election campaign will be the first in modern political history to abandon white working-class voters, strategists claim.For decades, Democrats have been losing more and more blue collar whites. Their alienation helped lead to the massive Republican wave in 2010, when the GOP wooed 30 percent more of them than the Democrats could.Democratic strategists say President Obama is focusing his attention, instead, on poor black and Hispanic voters and educated white professionals.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067223/President-Obamas-2012-campaign-abandons-white-working-class-voters-favor-minorities-educated.html#ixzz1iG5sPr4a
When it comes to the relationship between Blacks and Republicans the notion that the GOP has "given up on becoming attractive to Black people" bears evidence to the GOP's intransigence on the issue of race and the notion that Black Progressives "know who has their best interests in mind" and thus they are not biting on what the GOP is selling.
The article above is the opinion of political analyst Ruy Teixeira of the Progressive-Fundamentalist - "Center For American Progress", the organization that advocates for "progressive judges" being put into place as the means of marinating this nation with more progressive dogma.
Ruy Teixeira, a strategist at the liberal Center for American Progress, wrote in 1995 that if President Clinton couldn't win white blue collar workers, his re-election bid would be doomed.Fast forward 15 years and Tiexeria has made an about-face: 'The Republican Party has become the party of the white working class,' he told the New York Times recently.However, he warns that losing whites without college degrees altogether would be disastrous. There simply are not enough college-educated whites, Hispanics and blacks who will make a Democratic majority.President Obama can still get away with losing white Americans by 17 percent, as Senator John Kerry did in his 2004 defeat against President George W. Bush, Tiexeria says.
Though we having yet gotten into the electioneering for the 2012 general election to determine if this strategy will be borne out by the Obama campaign, if we use the past references on this subject - it will be the "White Working Class" that will be indicted as intransigent, standing in resistance to the "progress" that the Democratic Party has in mind.
If we allow "them" to tell it - while the "White working class is intent on retaining that which WHITE SUPREMACY has brought them - those of them who are more educated, despite being born from the very same womb as their "unlettered" brothers and sisters, appear to have "thought" their way through the situation at hand in a manner that their nescient kin and have over come both their "racial bigotry" and goals of "genetic self-perpetuation".
I have stated in the past several critical points that must be used to analyze these claims and what it all means for the future condition of Black people in America:
- Do White Progressives have any greater propensity to dispense of "White Advantage" than do their "White Conservative" cousins?
- Step beyond using "Affirmative Action" or "Diversity" programs as your evidence and consider a comprehensive and enduring yield of power where the present power base is forced to change. (And thus there is no "hiding" for the White progressive)
- Is this evident in his residential patterns as he resists "White Flight" as the "Neighborhood Tipping Point" is reached?
- With regards to the INSTITUTIONS within the Black Community at the present time - IF the previous POLITICAL domination in "Mission Accomplished Cities" has not brought forth the promised benefits to our community - what exactly will change once it scales from city/county up to national in scope - ALL ELSE BEING THE SAME?
- The present argument is that "White Racism" (and capitalism) is the reason for the gap between the promises and the deliverables.
- With this nation at $15,000,000,000,000 in debt with this likely growing to $21T before the close of this decade - WE WILL ALL SEE how much "capitalism" has been the force that has allowed even the most ardent socialist American to live at their present living standard.
- With the advent of the "anti-capitalist" theorems as the prevailing economic dogma - what evidence can we point to TODAY that gives any one comfort that the "More Economically Equal" society won't actually be "More Flattened BUT at a far, far lower median standard of living for everyone? (See Cuba)
- Of the "Black Racial Services Machine" operatives in relation to the "Black Rank & File" - upon functionally reaching the "Pacific Ocean" of their expansion in their ability to obfuscate blame upon the damage that "past history" has wrought and present "racism, isolation and capitalism" now bashes us with - is the "Black Rank & File" prepared to expunge and/or regulate these future claims as "Mission Accomplishment" in all that they set us out to express in our "Struggle Motion" turns out, once again, to be means of generation "congregational unity" but not "absolute increase"? Will anyone get FIRED at this point in time, their favorite "Ghosts with chains" that they rattle having been successfully placed in check?
As I reported a few months ago - the redistricting battles in Chicago seem eerily like the future of America:
- The "Black Wards"
- The "White Wards"
- The "Hispanic Wards"
all jockeying to draw maps that maximize their "counts" in the legislative representation.
Despite their advantage on paper - in a won party city that many of the 'Black Racial Services Machine' leadership dreams about - more than 180,000 Blacks were motivated to move to greener pastures outside of the boundaries of this - a "Mission Accomplished" city of reference.
If You Believe That Demographic Change And Political Power Alone Is Going To Change While Failing To Develop ORGANIC COMPETENCIES - Your Future Will Look A Lot Like Your Past - Except Favorable People Will Be The Ones Failing To Bring You Your Desired "Social Justice"
Sadly - those same forces who have shown little interests of rendering indictments beyond their ideological enemies as they look past the violations that "their friends in power' render upon the Black Community - are likely to continue this trend in the future. Their logic has them aggressively seeking to embarrass their enemies as part of the standard political discourse while "working things out with their friends" in closed conference rooms so that they don't have to go public - embarrassing those who they helped to get into power. Their common goal is "the next election" and they are able to focus the rank & file on this common goal.
What happens when the people who had invested their "Community Development Consciousness" into this day and yet still they are being sold the future BUT there is no more "expansion" to point to?
What responsibility did the people have to demand "earnest money" along the way before agreeing to move forward?