In an ultra-harsh assessment of Cain's behavior, Bashir quoted from the "statement of faith" from Cain's church: "nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on Earth but his own determined depravity and voluntary rejection of the Gospel."
"If Mr. Cain withdraws from politics, then he must surely resign his position in the Church because one thing's for certain, hypocrites can lie in the pew but should never lead from the pulpit," Bashir concluded.
My Personal Opinion: Herman Cain, An Operative In The "American Political Domain" has some serious explaining to do to his wife, his two children and his loved ones over his extramarital actions - be they all true or exaggerated. I do not believe that his wife "owes" anyone an explanation for "stand by her man" in a public face. Mr Cain has no doubt caused great disappointment and a loss of confidence in those who invested in him.
Then there is the cadre of people who are contented that Mr Cain has hit the rocks.
"The Blacks" among this crowd appear pleased that Cain, a "Free Range Negro" is called:
- A Clown
- An Idiot
- An Imbecile
In the above video clip Mr Bashir is heard calling Herman Cain a "hypocrite". He has a right to make such an assessment. Mr Cain has exposed himself to these charges based on his own actions.
Next Mr Bashir goes over board as he makes the case that the "Antioch Baptist Church" in Atlanta should force Mr Cain out of his position of "Associate Minister".
We must place Mr Bashir's views on THIS person in line with his general, Progressive-Fundamentalist disposition regarding "acceptance". I do not watch Mr Bashir's show enough to know how frequently he bashes Evangelical Christian churches for being intolerant and judgmental over those who have fallen short and:
- Are Unmarried Parents Despite What The Preacher Told Them Each Sunday
- Have STDs or HIV After Violating The Church's Doctrine
- Have Exited Prison After Assaulting The Community
Did you hear any Progressive-Fundamentalists attacking the "Concerned Black Clergy Of Detroit" when they stood behind the fallen Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as he faced charges that eventually lead him to jail? Please be clear - I am NOT making this note for the purposes of "gotcha politics". I am expressing my conclusions of the surveillance upon "Progressive-Fundamentalism". It seeks to hold their enemies STANDARDS against them with the goal of calling them hypocrites. See the last section of this post for the grand turnabout.
Mr Cain as a conservative - has "gotten what he deserves" in the jaundiced eyes of Martin Bashir. The assumption that Mr Cain is 'pious' and 'judgmental' against others creates the "Chickens Come Home To Roost" that Bashir needs to "do as MSNBC does" best - "Keep Their Enemy On Trial To Avoid Indicting Their Friends".
Nothing short of Mr Cain renouncing his conservative dogma and agreeing to be SILENT over anyone else who falls out of favor - NETTING in a "Don't Hate And We All Will Get Along Better" operating policy in the church would be in effect.
You see - the one thing that I notice about ideological bigots such as Mr Bashir is that IF the church took a hard line against Cain and everyone else out of alignment with church dogma as they instituted a "Reform Movement" - then you will see clearly that Mr Bashir believes that only his ideological enemies should be subject to such sanctions. A universally held high standard of institutional integrity would become problematic.
Did the felon or the infected individual practiced "risky behavior" and now has HIV commit a violation of the "straight and narrow" path that Mr Cain has veered from? Why then are we treated to the narrative that "The Church Has Failed"? In their piousness they distanced themselves from the "sinner" and thus this wayward member of the flock now has a disease that will shorten his life and tax the national health care system.
It is my belief that the sanctimonious Progressive-Fundamentalist does not own the "moral high ground". They just don't have enough people framing the analysis of THEIR OWN INTOLERANCE, pointing out that they are little different than their ideological enemies that they keep under constant surveillance.
The Grand Turnabout - Conservative Evangelicals Have No Monopoly On "Moral Behavior". Secular Progressives Have No Monopoly On Rendering "Social Justice Outcomes" For "The Least Of These"
The framework for analysis is:
A "principled man" who uses the accouterments of his Christian faith to assume a measure of cover for his agenda. When he is placed under more scrutiny he is found to have fallen short of some of the core principles of honor and integrity in the marital bond that he shares with his wife.
The Christian Evangelical framework upon which we were to construct our:
- Personal Behavior
- Our familial relationships
- Our economic interrelation with others
- Our public policy / political promotion
What of the Secular Progressive?
- Personal Behavior? - Non-Judgmentalism. RIGHTS over any arbitrary notion of "Responsibility"
- Familial Relationship? - When dogmatic enforcement of traditional notions of male/female marriage run up against their greater secular societal goals - the "finishing" that had been attributed to the family order is now outsourced to government "social justice" services, thus allowing them to remove inspection of their theories over to a "constant political struggle". The continuing grievance is not proof of their failure but how much longer they must struggle
- Economic Interrelation? - As owners of the issue of "Poverty" and "Justice" the secularists are able to look past their astounding success at taking over the positions of institutional power where "The Last Of These" are concentrated and instead stand up as their VOICE, rendering an INDICTMENT against the greater system that has failed them. Instead of doing self-inspection, where they are forced to see that the lack of increase in the people proves that their promised "Return On Investment" upon receiving their vote was merely used to compel "unity" among the masses - they have mastered the use of class distinctions to align the rank & file in a perpetual external struggle. There leadership are really just another entity that studies the consciousness of "the rank & file" and make due profits from them at their expense.
- Public Policy Through Politics? - In the annals of Progressive-Fundamentalism it is far more profitable for them to focus on who is not satisfactory to receive their vote. This creates a "self-justification" that what they presently believe is sound. Rarely are they seen making inspection of their own ideology - going beyond their monopoly ownership of "caring for the Least Of These" and instead transparently assessing the condition of "The Least Of These" where THEY HAVE WON. This victor is the case after they compelled "The Least Of These" to channel their hopes for development and change into the political and ideological movement that has been erected.
The parallel with Herman Cain falling short of his right-wing, evangelical Christian dogma that he has lifted himself up upon is the "Progressive Fundamentalist" that has sold the masses upon the notion that by channeling their key elements for a high standard of living upon their investments in the American Political Domain - the mass SHORTFALL among THE LEAST OF THESE - while the EMBEDDED CONFIDENCE MAN is not asked to step down from his constant campaigning.
With Cain - one man has failed and punishment is rendered upon him.
With Progressive-Fundamentalism - many men are trapped into a network of FAILED OUTCOMES - short of their human potential. Instead of the punishment being rendered upon the system that they bought into, even as the ideology is "The Last Man Standing" in the "Mission Accomplished Zone" - no one ever gets fired. They merely have to reframe the indictment further outward - beyond the district boundaries that have been won and repeat their cycle of struggle.