Hood was sentenced to 12 years in prison in 1997 for armed robbery and was released in 2009. In 2001, while Hood was serving time, his 22-year-old brother Timothy Hood was shot and killed by an Athens police officer. Investigators said at the time that Timothy Hood pulled a gun on an officer and was shot when the weapon jammed.Something just does not smell right with this one folks.
In Athens Georgia - a Cop Killing Street Pirate is cornered by the police. He is said to be holding 9 people hostage inside of a house. Earlier in the week he shot and killed one officer and then wounded a second cop. (Not that it matters but the murdered cop was White and the seriously wounded cop was Black).
"Post Traumatic Police On Black Homicide Syndrome"
The Street Pirate, Jamie Hood - the cop killer - says that he randomly shot at the two Athens Georgia police men because his brother had been killed by the police. Hood's goal was to let them see how it feels to lose a loved one.
With the fact that "Police On Black" Violence and Homicide is promoted as the #1 threat to the Black community by some we can't dismiss the feelings of Jamie Hood, despite rejecting the expression of his sentiments toward police men. In fact I strongly suspect that there will be activists converging upon Athens Georgia to argue this very point. (It has happened before - Lovelle Mixon).
While I don't know the situation in which Jamie Hood's brother was killed by the police - I am sure that this will be brought forth by the news casts in the coming days.
Officers had stopped Hood while he was in an SUV in West Athens early Tuesday afternoon, seeking to question him in connection with a carjacking and kidnapping, police said. The vehicle's driver was arrested, but police say Hood got out of the vehicle and shot another officer, Tony Howard, in the face and upper body. Hood then fatally shot Christian as he sat in the patrol car, authorities said. Howard is recovering.
The "Stockholm Syndrome"
I believe that some of you won't believe me unless I have video evidence to prove what I am claiming to you. Still, some of you won't believe me even after seeing the video.
You probably do not have the Flash Player (Get Adobe Flash Player Here) installed for your browser or the video files are misplaced on your server!
Let me set this up properly - from the perspective of the hostage.
- A noted "cop killer" - per the news coverage regarding the massive manhunt for him that blanketed the air waves for several days - breaks into your house and holds 9 people hostage for several days.
- The friend of the cop killer that volunteered to negotiate with his friend stated that several times he threatened to kill every all of the hostages if the police don't back off
- As the cop killer agrees to give himself up - he and all 9 hostages file out in a row.
- Jamie Hood realizes that the "killer cops" are known to accidentally pull the trigger. With 9 people surrounding him - including a 9 year old little girl - an "accident" by the Georgia State Patrol sharp shooters will have tragic results upon the hostages. The resulting outrage from the activists would turn the tide in his favor
- As the man of the house that was under siege by the Street Pirate does his first interview with the television press he offers what amounts to a CHARACTER REFERENCE on behalf of Jamie Hood - the Cop Killer Street Pirate.
- Knowing that he killed a cop, held his family hostage and threatened to kill them all - the hostage says "Jamie Hood is a VERY, VERY GOOD PERSON". These words are captured on video.
- These words are likely to be used by two forces
- The defense attorneys that will seek to affirm the innocence of Jamie Hood. The duress of the "murder" of his brother by the police turned this otherwise upstanding citizen into a cop killer
- The Georgia Bureau of Investigation officials who will be inspecting the HOSTAGES to see if they were co-conspirators in the housing of a known fugitive.
- In addition to these statements they will determine if there were any calls made from the house to the police - telling of the hostage situation
- They would tend inspect any attempts at "separation" of the actions of Jamie Hood from their desire to be free.
- I would have personally slugged Jamie Hood as he had his hands up. This too would have been captured by the news cameras and later used to prove that I had nothing to do with voluntarily housing a cop killer and known fugitive.
With a grieving family of a murdered police man AND all eyes of his co-workers and the larger law enforcement community fixated on the breaking news - the one thing that you don't want to say about this cop killer is that "he was a very, very good man".