(Editorial note: When I heard the first words of NAACP's Ben Jealous saying that "The Tea Party wants to drive a wedge where the nation is returned back to a time when.............." I let out a big laugh which caused my family to ask "What happened!!?")
They Are Desperate But Unwilling To Look At Their Own Failings
The Black public school student is one of the biggest pawns in American politics today.
After decades in which the Black Leadership Machine has had an opportunity to MANAGE the schools that our children attend in their highest concentrations - the best that they can do in 2011 is to fight doggedly to ensure that our children sit next to a WHITE KID as the most certain means that he/she will receive a quality education.
If you listen to these same people shooting down the idea of "Charter Schools" - they can be heard saying "There are not enough Charter Schools" for Black kids to attend thus this is not a viable solution".
My retort is: THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH WHITE KIDS FOR EVERY BLACK STUDENT IN AMERICA TO SIT NEXT TO. We must come up with a more ORGANIC solution to the problem.
It frustrates me to no end to see how the "embedded larval agents" inside of the Black Community Consciousness know how to attract the ire of Black people. Anyone on this list has that effect:
- Tea Party
- Sarah Palin
- George W Bush
- Fox News
- Glenn Beck
- Bill O'Reilly
- Rush Limbaugh
- Sean Hannity
The Innate "Non-White White Supremacist" Supposition Of Their Antics
Ironically enough just last night I found a printout that I had made a few months ago of the letter to the editor submitted by the great writer Zora Neale Hurston: "A Court Order Can't Make The Races Mix" during the days of the "Brown v Board" ruling.
Unfortunately for "Cousin Jeff" - the facts of the conditions surrounding "Brown v Board" and TODAY don't match.
In The Pre-Brown V Board Days:
- Even if a Black kid lived right across the street from a "White School" she would not be allowed to attend. Ironically the NAACP of today is seeking to have Black kids bused past their most local school into a school that they believe that these kids will receive a quality education. It just so happens that the WHITE KIDS in that school are the "active ingredient" in the question of quality education for Black kids
- The White racist school boards that had control over all of the schools - Black and White - used to allocate funds for the advantage of the White kids while the Black schools received "pennies on the dollar" and the hand-me-down books and furnishings
- Today with this "discrimination" taken off of the table as the school district in question INDEED spends equal amounts per students - the NAACP and other "Non-White White Supremacist" groups are forced to go after the principle that "an all Black school ITSELF is inferior". One can only conclude that THEY BELIEVE that the agent of INFERIORITY is resident inside of the school
- Any student of any race can attend the school that is most geographically proximate to his residency
- There are no "Black Codes" by which a Black family is barred from living in a "White neighborhood". In fact I am very familiar with Charlotte NC (the other school district, besides Durham - that they are grieving about). There are Black people who reside in predominately White neighborhoods - without suffering from cross burnings
- The Metro-Area school systems spend more per student than do the rural schools. The students who attend these (feared) "Predominately Black Schools" in Durham thus have higher per pupil funding than the state average.
The Failed Competency Development Strategy
In all seriousness people - Take a step back and project upon the year 2111.
Think about the dual trajectory of "The Black Community Development Strategy" and "The United States' Fiscal Condition".
Do you see ANYTHING within the present state of the "Black Community Development Strategy" that gives you comfort that some inflection point will be arrived at in 20, 50, 75 years which will allow our growth to accelerate dramatically upward?
The truth is -as I have been saying - THERE IS NO LONGER An "Organic Black Community Development Strategy". It as been fused into the "American Political Domain"!!!! Today we are USED - the aspirations of the Black community have been liquidated into VOTES through the political channel. There is no greater proof of the state of Integration than the evidence of consciousness having been co-opted by the leaders who enjoy a privileged and unchallenged position within our midst.
How does one express the notions of "Black Equality" when they fear that "equal Blacks" will be housed in the same school? Their very presence together exacts the injury? What hope is there in Haiti or Angola when homogeneous Black schools are the standard when those in the diaspora who CLAIM to be of the advantaged segment - promote the notions of their own inferiority?
The truth is that we are merely looking at a perverted sensibility to cover for the lack of LOGISTICAL ABILITY to transform the vision of "community uplift" into action.
THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE - What in that classroom of White kids is present within that is absent in an All Black classroom?
IF that one Black kid who benefits in the White majority classroom was in a room all by himself would that force be lost?
IF two, five or ten of them aggregate together - when does the balance tip?
ANSWER - The NAACP and other "Non-White White Supremacist Groups" that are exhibiting "Fear Of A Predominately Black Public School' have FAILED to uphold the UBIQUITOUS INSTITUTIONAL STANDARDS AND RESPECT that is needed before "quality education" can be fomented into a facility.
The difference between a basketball court that houses an "NBA game" and one which expresses "Street Ball" is the aggregation of STANDARDS that are enforced between the two.
It is my opinion that the NAACP and other "Progressive-Fundamentalist groups" are so used to being on the OFFENSIVE WITH THEIR INDICTMENTS that when it comes time for them to be the ESTABLISHMENT POWER in a given institution - their failings to field a viable, organic set of theories that are the foundation for their LOGISTICAL PLAN - shows through clearly.
It is my opinion that the words captured by Zora Neale Hurston about the frivolity of attempting to use the law (policy) to force the RACES TO CHANGE - is more fitting to the conditions of today. Her focus, however, needs to be trained upon the ENFORCED consciousness that is put upon Black people - for IT IS what must change.
Where are the "Too Black Too Strong" Black Nationalists when we need them the most? It seems that when the need is to put down their fists in the air and "operationalize" the evidence of Black strength they are all too silent.