I had never heard of the song "Make It Rain" by Atlanta rapper Travis Porter.
Today I pulled into a local "Catro Oil" quick lube station for a long over due oil change. As I pulled into the oil change bay with my windows down I saw about 5 BMWs in the service bays. That's "Black Men Working".
As I filled out the paperwork for them to capture the specs on my car - as a first time customer - I listen to the "Shake Your Booty" song that was playing on the radio. I wasn't able to get my "Shazam" music id service to lock in on the tune because there was too much background noise.
I figured from the incessant hook line that the song was named "Make It Rain". I did a search on my smartphone and the video from Mr Porter played.
My Policy Of Confronting The Manager About My Objections
Several years ago I vowed that I would not mumble the words "I am never coming back here" in silence. Instead I was going to give feedback to the manager about the inappropriateness of certain things in a business setting. Unfortunately today I was pressed for time and had to go.
Even though 85% of the customers who are likely to receive service at this particular location would have no problems with the contents of this particular song - the issue is not about the need to appease the remaining 15%. There must be some standard reference to the decorum that is maintained in a business that is open to the public. While this type of music may be favorable to the BMW's who were listening to it - they should have the consciousness of mind to see that it is the CUSTOMER'S tastes that they are seeking to appeal to while they are on the clock - not their own.
I checked out several of the young Black males who were at work. They were all in their early twenties. Being that this was a quick lube/tune shop and not a full service mechanic station - they all probably had rudimentary training prior to receiving the job and some amount of apprenticeship for several weeks as a shadow prior to being turned loose on customer's vehicles on their own.
I could not help but to see in the two that serviced my car that they were likely young men who had the greatest of dreams while they were young and then life's realities forced them into a job that has them just getting by to pay the rent. In as much as they are economically vulnerable - they need not do anything that would cause the business to wither or them to lose their jobs individually.
Someone, somewhere must be made to ask: IF "this type of music" is "BAD FOR BUSINESS" then where exactly is it appropriate - besides the businesses where "Shaking Your Booty" IS the business?
BROKE NIGGAS MAKE ME SICK!!!!.....But Ignorant MoFos Who Put Their Words To Music Knowing That Some People Will Pay Them For Giving Them Something To Dance To Are Even Worse