I was hoping to avoid any news of self-inflicted embarrassment.
With the dust up surrounding the "diversity" in the governor's cabinet - the charter bus companies that profited from the protest march that drew people from around the state to the state capital won't have to worry about any charter trips to Youngstown to reject these more deadly circumstances. It is highly unlikely that a neo-CCC member drew blood on campus last night.
- One Dead, 10 Critical In Youngstown State Univ Shooting
- Police Identify Victim Of Off Campus Shooting
From this list of fraternities and sororities I can tell that YSU is a racially integrated school and not an HBCU.
Since Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity is not on the list - it is unlikely that the shooting has taken place at the "Sigma House.
This leaves the Kappas, the Ques or the Iotas(?). (Yeah I know who Iota Phi Theta is. I am wondering where the Alphas and Sigmas are by contrast. Suspended for hazing?).
Out of respect for the dead and injured I will not make a political issue out of this shooting.
I only beg you to watch the news media coverage and subsequent debate regarding this carnage versus that which recently happened in Tuscon AZ. Since the news that Prince Georges County MD had received assistance from Federal investigators to stem their 2011 killing spree did not make a national imprint - I am loathed to accept that this 12 person shooting in Youngstown will be similarly pushed to the side.
The one point that I am forced to make, however, is about the likely behavior of the "Black Media Establishment" and their associated opinion hit-men. Before the bodies in Tuscon AZ had cooled to room temperature they had joined in with their Progressive brotheren to issue indictments as to the provocateurs of the murderer. It seems that they could not resist scoring partisan and ideological points in the wake of such a "slam dunk guilty verdict" that had fell into their lap in - Arizona - the focal point of so much of their reporting about "hatred". When the evidence slipped away from their narrative their job was done none the less. They had dispatched their print articles, television interviews or hit the "Publish" button on their blogs. Their followers had already eaten the "chum", no sense seeking to retrieve it.
I told you previously that it was curious that their instincts was to offer support for their PARTISAN affiliates instead of initially using this as justification for gun regulation. I begrudgingly give credit to Rachael Maddow for stepping back and "big picturing" the situation, going after GUNS instead of tarring her ideological enemies to score points.
These type of situations remain a conundrum to the Black Progressive-Fundamentalist Operatives none the less.
- IF they go after the VIOLENT SHOOTER as they did the deranged kid in Arizona then they will need to find some psychosis to attach to the killer (who to my knowledge has not yet been identified)
- IF they IGNORE this violent incident because - per their calculus - too much attention drawn to "Street Pirate On Black Violence" would cause the White Racists to be affirmed in their belief that "Black People Are Prone To Violence" then they intentionally contribute to the NEGLECT that they say that the "Missing Young Black Girl On The Back Of A Milk Carton" receives from the national press. The very people who say "IF a 12 White people had been shot up like this - we'd have a national forum" will be the very people who wish to move the discussion off of this latest outbreak of violence because THEY will soon feel that they are receiving the attacks that the (assumed) Black killer will suffer from.
- They pervertedly "live vicariously" through the eyes of the Black killer, knowing that any insults heaped upon HIM are subtle attacks on Black people as a whole.
- They will most likely jump to the GUN CONTROL argument - as the "Partisan Shots" have been taken away from them per the "identity of the KILLER".
- Please Note: I will hedge my assumptions to say that if the killer is non-Black - a loud "Whew" will be heard among the "strateticians" as they charter those buses to Youngstown - holding a parade with the banners that say "THEY can't do this to US!!!". "THEY killed a Black Man who was pursing an education, thus escaping the P.I.C. where THEY want us to be".
The logical train of thought per the gun control argument is "Government Please Take Away The Ability Of Our Young Black Males To Easily Possess A Fire Are Because They Are Killing Each Other As We Have Failed To Instill The Value Of A Human Life Within Them". In an earlier post regarding the diversity of the administration in Ohio I challenged attack dog columnist Mansfield Fraizer - to explain the type of "head rubs" from the government that he finds favorable. The use of gun control to prevent those who should be the pillars of our community from killing each other is the worst example of this.
The great Bishop Henry McNeal Turner who called for all Black households to acquire a firearm to protect them from the molestation of bigoted forces that wished to keep them in their place - must now be thinking how much he has ultimately wasted his time per the passion he had shown per the presentloss of consciousness. In our FREEDOM we have come to see EACH OTHER as the "threat" that must be neutralized.
Sadly the conscious resolve to protect the valuables in our community once expressed by Bishop Henry McNeal Turner - a man who picked up the baton from Frederick Douglass and moved it several paces forward - is about as weathered as his memorial placard appears to be.
The white streaks upon Bishop Henry McNeal Turner's placard is not "white paint". Instead they should be looked at as his only earthly means at SHEDDING TEARS about what he now sees happening among his people - now that they are living in the days that he once dreamed of - but fail to see it.