- "George Bush Is A Liar And A Mass Murderer But I'll Defend Obama Against Such Charges"
- "How The Biases Hatred Of The Progressive-Fundamentalist Who Is A Democrat Assures The Continued Mismanagement Of The Black Community"
- "Watch It (White) Sheriff and District Attorney In Douglas County YOU Are Going To Be Put On Trial By The End Of The 'Bobby Tillman' Case
My problem is not what the callers said but the fact that their own biases won't afford them the ability to tell the whole truth in pursuit of their moral supremacy.
My problem is not with the radio hosts per se but on the fact that their ultimate goal is to challenge any "attacks" upon their permanent friends while they allow all of their "friends" who call in and hoist even the wildest conspiracy theory against their common adversaries to not only talk but also to be held over till after the commercial break to finish.
Instead of engaging in a debate over each transactional point of ignorance or selective outrage it is more important for me to model the behavior and discuss the ultimate costs to our community's interests that these antics represent.
George Bush Don't Like Black People
If someone could help me out and articulate the scenario where George W Bush having landed Air Force One in New Orleans rather than doing his "flyover" would have meant one damned difference LOGISTICALLY in regards to the federal response to the Post-Katrina flooding.
- George Bush raised the price of gas which made it unaffordable which triggered foreclosures as people couldn't pay for their houses
- George Bush ruined our economy by giving tax cuts to the rich. I heard that the average rich person would receive between $42,000 and $67,000 in a tax breaks while the rest of us will receive pennies
- George Bush as governor put an innocent Black man to death in Texas. He didn't kill that police officer and Bush knew it
- George Bush has been sending jobs overseas in support of corporations
- Georgia just turned more "red" and Black people are going to catch more hell because of it
- "Bush went on Oprah in order to show White people that he is not such a bad guy and they will vote for the Republicans in the future"
- Rev Eddie Long should not have hugged Bush at Coretta Scott King's funeral. He should have called him a liar and a murderer over the wars that he took America into. " (Note several callers called Bush a "liar and a mass murderer")
I give unqualified credit to the Democratic party for fusing the "Black Consciousness" regarding our community's permanent interests in terms of poltics.
I have talked previously about the "Brevity Bigot", those who render their "Amen" in response to a post by their friends. Their few words have the power to shred my 16 paragraph rebuttal which exceeded the 3000 character per post limit and spilled over into a second submission. I would like to introduce a formal name to yet another tactic: "the ambiguous use of 'THEY' to keep the people riled up". (Uh - I think I will have to come up with a better lable in the future). This describes the tactic by which the rhetoritician makes a generalized indictment to create an "us vs them" scenario - they being under siege - but fail to make note that their "skin folks or kin folks" are complicit in the assault.
For the person who is appeased that George Bush set forth the winds of Katrina and allowed Black people to flood (OK - they may as well say this) as cover for their hatred of this man - they also are equally unable to put forth a LOGISTICALLY RATIONAL scenario by which the Bush Lead Federal Government could have rendered an outcome that was substantively different than what we saw. (Or should I say the "Obama-Lead Federal Response?).
The damage to the Black community is that, failing to even see the importance of this - they won't use this lull in the floodwaters to OPERATIONALIZE this future response to "Hurricane Loretta" - the next storm that will one day hit New Orleans.
The truth is that their real interests are not to foment an effective rescue of the Black people in New Orleans. If this were true we'd be hearing more people asking if it is logical to have poor people of little means to reside in a land is below sea level, which sinks and the water table dries out and which is surrounded three sides by powerful bodies of water (Mississippi River, Lake Pontchartrain, Gulf Of Mexico).
Of course George Bush is a mass murderer. He "lied" us into the war in Iraq. They know, however, that they would not remain consistent with their indictments against American imperialism and use the upcoming "Martin Luther King Jr National Holiday" to argue that President Obama is fighting in Afghanistan and Pakistan against people who DID NOT attack us on "9/11".
Instead their SILENCE on the matter proves to be the best indictment against them.
The Pierced Heart Of Bobby Tillman - The Nullifying Confluence Of Interests
I have noted previously about how certain scenarios in which the activist who lives off of unchecked outrage against an indictee is thwarted because they face a situation where both sides represent their "protected groups".
- A transit union demanding a cost of living pay raise that would mandate a fare increase on the "working poor"
- Demands by people in a predominately Black county (ie: Dekalb County Georgia) for reductions in property taxes in line with the reduced market values of their homes BUT at the expense of the school funding which they had previously argued was already insufficient when compared to "the suburbs". (They fail to realize that THEY are the "suburbs" of Atlanta and they are really talking about "White folks".)
- A police department run by a "favorable administration" that continues the same abuses that the "enemy administration" was booted out of office by the activists for doing
Add to this the present debate over the murder of Bobby Tillman and the four Black teens who are in jail as suspects.
I was surprised to hear on WAOK a caller who criticized the host and the callers for "showing sympathy for the four killers". He noted that some where saying that there is no evidence, that no one filmed the assault so we don't really know who did it. The caller stated "we know that a young male is now dead and that someone did it. Let's turn your scrutiny and skepticism about the motives of the (White) Sheriff and District Attorney around."
The reason why I am monitoring this situation is because of the presence of this "nullification". A few weeks ago when the "White man" was on trial for the "Cracker Barrel Beating Of A Black Woman" there was no need to show temperance in their condemnation and indictment against this outsider to the community. They showed up at every hearing and rendered the protest of "No Justice/ No Peace". This in a court system in Clayton County where EVERYONE at play with the court case holding a public office was chosen by the community. They feared that an "All White Jury" verdict would be rendered but could not bear to see that with the circumstances in place as they are - their actions are mere RITUALS. Rituals that they know best.
In response to seeing four Black males as the alleged assailants there is a need to exert "Justice Thurgood Marshall Justice" in this case: Put the SYSTEM ON TRIAL.
Not only do we see critical scrutiny of the "same White sheriff and D.A. who put Genarlo Wilson in jail for consensual sex" the actions of these young men is proof of the violent society that we live in.
The frustrating part of all of this is that as these particular challenges flow to their consciousness as they must decide upon allowing certain violent images in entertainment or school disciplinary policies to meet their approval - they will routinely "fight the power", opposing the attempts from the authority to hold the line. They are too often focused upon their ideological interests while failing to note their role as the establishment powers who set the "room temperature" in their communities.
Instead of protest marches at the court they are planning a series of community forums as a means of bringing the community together. I am a "troll" if I render criticism upon these efforts.
Instead as I analyze their antics and connect them to "Bush's Katrina Response" - I wonder if they would accept "check list items of good things" done during the flooding OR if they would ask one simple question "DID IT WORK?"
- Where these "good things" timely?
- Where they to scale with the NEEDS that were at hand?
- Did they have the endurance that was needed to more permanently affect change?
None of this matters as we attempt to scrutinize their disposition against those who they hate as compared to those who they like. With those they hate there is no list of actions that might appease them. For those they like they operate as the marketing machine that provides cover.
These community outreach efforts are akin to church on Sunday morning - the people who NEED TO BE IN THE HOUSE will be instead back home chill'in.
The grand flaw in community management is that the methodology they agree to in these sessions are short on getting "operationally" executed within the community. They need a culture that supports these iniatives. This endures even without the "traffic cop" around to enforce the rules.
SCLC - Rev Markel Hutchins To Protest Ban On Illegals In The University System
From off of the court case to resolve the infighting in the SCLC the reverend Markel Hutchins plans a protest in front of the Georgia Board of Regents against their new policy denying all illegal aliens access to the university system. This, he says, is a precursor to the adoption of the Arizona law in Georgia.
The closest thing that Georgia has to that region is an out of control murder rate that the Civil Rights Pharisees appear strangely silent upon.