This is a model that represents my observations of the key targets of focus between the Black Progressive-Fundamentalist operatives and the Black Conservative operatives, both of whom claim to be working in the best interests of the Black community.
Both of these groups are prone to acknowledge the problems within the Black community and their lists would be almost exact:
- Lack Of Jobs and Economic Opportunity
- Civic and Social Relations Between People
The crucial divide resides in WHO they direct their critical focus upon in their commentary.
Activism In Pursuit of Social Justice Vs Resource Management
The reason for these differences in targets has largely to do with the differences in the ideological viewpoint that each of these groups comes to the table with.
The progressive is more inclined to believe that societal misalignment and the historical oppression of the African in America is the primary negating force that is bearing down upon Black Americans today. Thus he engages in permanent activism, reasoning that if he can get these external forces to change then the resulting conditions for Black people will improve.
- Corporations who act in their own selfish interests and in the process don't operate in the interests of their Black employees and customers
- (Conservative) Governments that fail to enforce the "social justice contract" that the progressive believes that all citizens are entitled to be protected by and benefit from
- The Black Conservative critic of their agenda. Where as White Conservatives can be dismissed as "racists" those who are on the inside of our racial nucleus prove more damning and thus they must be made an example of so that no others will vocalize their views as such
The conservative is more inclined to use our challenges as a "resource management" obligation that is being squandered by the people who have control over the key institutions within the Black community today:
- The schools where Black people attend in majority
- The governing forces over our neighborhoods/cities and counties where we are most concentrated
- The failure of church organizations to forthrightly deal with those who's actions run counter to what they believe
- The entertainment operatives that inject certain messages into our domain. As long as it has a nice beat the destructive and racially offensive message does not matter - as long as the performer is not White
- The adults who act as parents, that are charged with developing the consciousness of our next generation
- The White Liberal Snarling Foxes from the outside - who's interest in "feeding Black people" cause the very same destruction that they fear in wildlife that is handled by man as such
The Balance Of Antagonistic Forces Upon Us
Certainly the year 1910 is gravely different from 2010 in regards to the forces that threaten the Black community. The previous statement of "A Black man has no rights that a White man need respect" is no longer the case.
As a Black Conservative that is making assessment of our present condition I admit to being biased. While these forces of the past have not totally gone away I don't judge there mere presence but instead focus upon the POWER of the force and if it is regulated via the body of law that has been established.
We can't overlook the fact that those with ESTABLISHMENT POWER have a vested interest in retaining and growing this power. It is my observation that the Black Establishment Power seeks to avoid criticism of the results had under their watch and grow their power by reminding us Black folks of the threat that still hovers around the corner if we "dis-unify" from under their progressive tent and begin to ask questions of their leadership. It is my opinion that this tactic flies in the face of all functional management theories that are accepted today. To allow a force to grow in power yet remain functionally untouchable from criticism, they blaming external and historic forces for their shortcomings is a sure fire way of creating an unchecked power.
Example Web Sites To Prove My Point
Black Progressive Web Sites That Talk About External Forces In Balance
- The Field-Negro Blog - An 85% focus upon Republicans, Conservatives and Racism
- Prometheus 6 Blog - Does a better job talking about "Black Conservatives" than debating them when one (me) actually shows up on his blog to challenge his propaganda
- The BET Uncut Blog - A gathering of the Neo "All White Jury" Of Black Progressive Fundamentalists to gather together and give an unbalanced assessment of the threats to Black America
- The Root.com - The Voice Of The Black Establishment. Pick any hot issue in America today. The articles presented on this site will argue from the leftist extreme position. In the world of "a fish don't know he wet" I believe that the content organizers for TheRoot have no idea that there is a position that is other than their own that is valid.
Black Conservative Web Sites That Key In Upon Internal Human Resource Management Threats
- Politics, Policy, Pathology and Hope......Within The Black Community - Yes this blog. Evaluate the content of this blog on the percentage of entries that actually focus upon "Black people" and the real world forces that bear down upon us rather than for purely POLITICAL advantage in the upcoming election.
- The Black Informant - once again - a blog that has its share of politics but focused the balance of its content upon issues internal to our community
There is a battle for the consciousness of Black America. The "Black Media" and the blogs that are derivatives of this force play an all important role in providing information to the masses. Their choice to emphasize some points and ignore others define their effectiveness and their bias. In as much as they choose to protect the ESTABLISHMENT over our COMMUNITY INTERESTS, failing to realize that people favorable to them can also do damage to our interests - the Black Press needs to be inspected as well.