Rev Sharpton said that he strongly opposes "Illegal Immigration" and that illegals should be sent home. HOWEVER he is against having all Hispanics inspected in a way that WHITE FOLKS aren't inspected as the authorities seek out illegal immigrants by focusing on HISPANICS who are here legally.
OK Rev Sharpton let's apply your claim to a real world situation.
This link provides details of Jessica Colotl an illegal immigrant who was brought to this country by her mother years ago and who graduated from a public school in Georgia and then was accepted by Kennesaw State University.
Here is the chain of events that has transpired.
- A traffic patrol officer pulls Ms Colotl over for a minor traffic citation while she was driving on campus
- She was not able to produce a valid drivers license to the patrol officer
- Her failure to prove that she was legally allowed to operate her vehicle on the road got her arrested
- Upon arrest the officers attempted to establish a valid identification for Ms Colotl. At this time she gave a false address - according to the Sheriff's Department
- Since she did not show up in their systems the Cobb County Sheriff's department, utilizing their authorization to initiate deportation proceedings decided to execute this process upon Ms Colotl
This synopsis is not a legally binding depiction of events but you get the picture.
In the world of Al Sharpton the fact that Ms Colotl did not have a drivers licence and was not in the system should not provoke law enforcement to come to any particular conclusions. If a White man with a Georgia accent or a Black male with a Boston accent came through with these same infractions - Rev Sharpton figures that the very same process that these first two are taken through is exactly what the Sheriff should have done to Colotl. I assume that this involves a fine or some sort of arrest for driving a car without a license. After serving her time - she is to be let out, free to live her life - again - without them ever establishing her true identity.
Now lets pretend that every day this Sheriff picked up an unlicensed Mexican person who could not produce a drivers license. Despite the fact that every one of them had been found to be in this country illegally Rev Jackson and others suggest that it would be RACIAL PROFILING for anyone to make reference to the pattern that is clear to everyone