Saturday, October 31, 2009

Former Xcape Singer-Kandi Burruss Resides In Conservative Faytteville GA Instead Of "Da Hood"





AJC: 'Real Housewife' Kandi Burruss opens home and heart


Kandi Burruss: I was raised in East Point, on the south side of town," shares Kandi. "Fayetteville is an affluent area that I always knew about and it's not far from where I grew up. I always wanted to have a house in a nice neighborhood; there are a lot of well-to-do African-American people here; it's a mixed community." The main house has four bedrooms, three baths and 2 1/2-baths; the guest house has two bedrooms and two baths.


The reason for this post is two fold.
First I have had a "man crush" on Ms Burruss for years and thus hope that I bump into her in the local grocery store now that I know that she lives in the general vicinity as I do.

My second reason is that her residency gives me the opportunity to deflect the "hateration" that I receive about my choice of residency as a "Black Conservative". Where as I am living in a Republican dominated county and city because I make the claim that the local policies are in line with my views.......what do the "haters" say about Ms Burruss and several other Black entertainment stars who also live in the county?

  • Have they "sold out"?
  • Should they be living in "the 'REAL' Black Community"?
  • Why is it that my values as they relate to the Black community placed under scrutiny yet when fellow "Black Flight Progressives" seek out a home and come to the same conclusion as I did - they are not attacked as such?
Finally - How does one rationalize the image put out by the Black Establishment about how conservatives work against the Best Interests of Black people YET an increasingly visible amount of Black people feel comfortable enough that they will not sustain a racial attack in these conservative communities that they move in? At the same time, too frequently they are exiting a community that is more "progressive" where they feel that their permanent interests of safety or education or the retention of their property values are threatened?

This proves, yet again, that a major reconciliation and realignment between the "ideological biases" of Black people and our choices when given an opportunity absent fear of the racial assault.

I have concluded that the "Racism Chasing" that is abundant among our people are done so to retain the present political order more than one could prove that a physical assault by racism is a larger threat than the risks that we face from a street pirate.

No comments: