- Demand to gain membership in a certain private White majority club
- Demand to integrate into a majority White school - even if it is out of their own neighborhood
- Struggle to enter the executive suite that is populated by people who's party affiliation and ideological leanings are different than their own
- Fly out of the Progressive Urban Core to take up residency within a Conservative Suburban area with a voting pattern that is not of their own
- (and a new entry) - Seek to swim at a swimming pool with people who have shown that they would rather them not be there
Despite these noted points of willingness to cavort with White folks (some of them "rich White folks") when it comes to accepting the ideology and the party membership of a certain segment of rich White folks - there is indeed an anomaly that is detected.
Recall about a year ago I reported about seeing a demographer's analysis about the linkage between income level and ideology/party preference. The conclusion provided on this C-SPAN presentation was that there was indeed a correlation between income and ideology/party preference. The Democratic Party received the bulk of the votes from the working class and poor. The Republican Party received the lions share of the wealthy or business class individuals. The demographer noted that when it comes to income mobility - as people gained wealth they assumed more "wealth protection" strategies and thus they began to favor the Republicans.
Please recall that there one big asterisk that I noted in the presentation. The demographer noted that there was no elasticity in the vote of the African-American. Regardless of his income level he was a Democrat. Even Jewish Americans who are assumed to be loyal Democrats did not receive special notation in this regard.
Let me be clear - I am NOT asking Black folks to stop voting for the Democrats. I am only seeking to analysis WHY and to understand what internal forces are insuring this result. I am also seeking to understand whom is the primary beneficiary of this.
(Yes there is a sarcastic bent to the diagram)
The fact remains that the distinguishing feature IS NOT "the rich White people" (vs Poor) that Black people are willing to coalesce with. Since both of these groups of "rich White people" have money then there must be some other key relational difference that distinguishes their relationship with most African-Americans.